1. How we collect your Personal Data
When you visit our web sites or use our solutions, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information we collect automatically:
We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our website or use our solutions, like your IP address and device type. Like most other web sites, we also use “Cookies”. We also collect information when you navigate through our web sites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our web sites and solutions so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalising the content you see). Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
8. Information you provide to us directly: Should you register on our web site to use our solutions, we may collect data such as your username, email address, business address and other contact details.
9. Information we get from other parties: Most of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources like the Companies Office website. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, to better inform, personalise and improve our solutions, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Information you provide to us directly:
Should you register on our web site to use our solutions, we may collect data such as your username, email address, business address and other contact details.
Information we get from other parties:
The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources like the Companies Office website. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our solutions, and to validate the personal data you provide.
- When we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- to provide solutions to you;
- to enter into a contract with you;
- where we have your consent;
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights; or
- in accordance with a legal obligation.
If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our web sites or solutions.
2. How we use your Personal Data
Sometimes we will use your personal data when you use our web sites in order for us to provide you with any solutions you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We may use your username to set up and authenticate your user account and we may use your email address in order to send you an activation link to your profile so that you can receive business documents. We will not share your personal data with anyone else except as detailed in Clause 3 below (Disclosure of your Information). We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To support you:
This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to our web sites or solutions, whether by phone, email, or in-app support.
To protect you:
To enhance our web sites and solutions:
Sometimes we may track and monitor how you use our web sites and solutions so that we can keep improving them, or optimise your user experience of them.
To communicate with you.
We may do this for a number of reasons, such as providing information you’ve requested (like training materials) or information we think you may need to know about (like software and security upgrades and enhancements) and depending on your marketing preferences marketing material (about alternative solutions we think you might be interested in).
To maintain good relations with you:
We need to ensure that both you and we adhere to our respective contractual obligations to prevent and resolve disputes or overdue accounts.
To analyse, aggregate and report:
We may use the personal data we collect from our web sites and solutions (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
3. How we may share your Personal Data
- Sometimes we may need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- law enforcement agencies, Courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary for us to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise or defend our legal rights such as the collection of overdue accounts. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure;
- other teams or agencies within our company;
- third party service providers assisting us to market our solutions to you;
- agencies that assist us to use personal data to support delivery of or provide functionality on our web site or solutions, or
- other agencies where we have your consent.
International Personal Data Transfers
When we process or share data, it may be transferred to countries outside of New Zealand such as Australia, where the data may be stored, or where some of our customers may be located. These countries may have laws different to New Zealand but when we do this, we put safeguards in place to ensure your personal data remains protected. For identifiable individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data (like New Zealand or Australia), or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data.
4. How we keep your Personal Data safe
Security is a high priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational safeguards in place to make sure that happens.
5. Holding Personal Data about you
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on the purpose we collected it for, what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a solutions you’ve requested or to comply with applicable N.Z legal, tax or accounting requirements) and for a period of time afterwards. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised unless you direct us otherwise.
6. Your rights to access Personal Data
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights of access and correction of it. Sometimes you can do this by updating your personal data through the settings available in your account. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication or send your request using our Contact Us form.
- You have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s accurate and up to date;
- request a copy of your personal data that we are holding but there may be a small charge for this; and
- ask us to delete or restrict processing your personal data.
7. How to contact us